About MVCC Libraries
The MVCC Libraries on the Utica and Rome campuses provide students, faculty, and staff with resources and services which promote information literacy and support the teaching, learning, and recreational interests of the College community.
Librarians provide research assistance via online chat, text, phone, email, virtual conferencing software, and in-person consultations. Librarians also provide individual and group instruction designed to help students learn to conduct research effectively and develop information literacy skills.
Online resources for coursework and research through the Libraries webpage:
- View our books, audiobooks, DVDs, periodicals, and course reserve materials through the Libraries’ online search. Patrons can also view their library accounts to see items currently borrowed, requested, and overdue.
- Almost 130 research databases are accessible to current students, staff, and faculty both on- and off-campus. These databases provide access to 79,694 unique electronic periodical titles, more than 320,000 electronic books, and more than 42,000 audiovisual resources.
- Access to research guides, citation guides, video tutorials, and frequently-asked questions.
- Interlibrary loan, to request items not held by MVCC Libraries
- Services specifically for faculty, including library instruction, research assignment development, and materials requests.
Available inside the Utica and Rome Campus Libraries:
- The Libraries on the Utica and Rome campuses have a combined collection of around 70,000 print volumes, 3,000 audiovisual items, and 374 print periodical titles.
- Wi-Fi access
- Computers with internet access and Microsoft Office Suite
- Black-and-white printers (free)
- Copy machine (10 cents per page)
- Scanner (free)
- Study rooms
- Classroom for library instruction
- Course reserves, where faculty may elect to place copies of required and supplementary course materials for students to use inside the library
- Book return boxes located outside of each library
Additionally available at Utica Campus Library:
- Microfilm/microfiche reader and printer
- Fax machine
- Study carrels
The Libraries are open throughout the academic semesters and operate on an abbreviated schedule during vacation periods and summer months. Current hours are updated on the Libraries’ webpage.
Contact the Libraries
Utica Campus Library
Payne Hall, Room 200
Circulation Desk: 315-792-5408
Reference Desk: 315-792-5561
Rome Campus Library
Plumley Complex, Room 101
Circulation and Reference Desk: 315-334-7728